Sod replacement is a big job, but it’s also a great way to resolve problems with your yard and achieve the lawn of your dreams. Here are three signs that your current sod may need to be replaced:
- You can see tracks cut through your grass where people have walked on it through the years. This is a common problem in areas where there is a lot of foot traffic. Sometimes the only way to resolve this issue is with sod replacement.
- You have long-standing problems with your lawn that you’ve tried to resolve using fertilizer and other products, only to see the issues recur over and over.
- You would like to try a different species of grass on your property. For example, some new varieties of sod can keep their vibrant green color through even prolonged dry periods. Other types offer improved insect and fungi resistance. If the thought of having a greener, more care-free lawn gets your imagination going, that it might be time to consider sod replacement.
How Sod Replacement Works
The following is a general outline intended to give you an idea of how the experts at Ultimate Construction go about replacing sod. We may take different steps when it comes to your property, depending on what we think is best in your situation. You, of course, have the final say at all times.
- We will begin by getting rid of your current grass. To do this, we may use a combination of organic compounds and sunlight deprivation.
- Using a commercial sod cutter, we will strip your land down to bare earth. We will then aerate as necessary and apply soil amendments such as fertilizer. The exact steps we take will be determined by our chemical analysis of your ground.
- After we install your sod replacement, we will lightly tamp it to help ensure good root development. We strongly recommend watering your new lawn on a daily basis for the first few weeks. This will help to ensure that it gets off to a great start.
As you can see, sod replacement can be a big job, and you’ll need someone you can trust to do it right. You can count on Ultimate Construction to help you achieve the lawn of your dreams. To find out more, call us today.