7 Things You Should Know About Sod Replacement
For people who are dissatisfied with the appearance of their lawn, sod replacement may be a solution. So here are seven things you should know about it:
- Sod replacement gives you a brand new lawn – Many grass problems are very difficult to solve, such as diseases and weed infestation. If this is your situation, then you may be better off simply starting off fresh.
- Sod replacement can correct long-standing problems – For example, the roots of most varieties of grass are very shallow. Because of this, your lawn may not be drawing nutrients from underlying topsoil. Sod replacement can correct this issue by rooting the new grass deeply in the underlying ground.
- Sod replacement can greatly improve your soil quality – When we take up an old lawn, we carefully check the quality of the underlying earth. If it’s poor, we add fertilizer, peat moss, or other amendments that greatly enhance its composition.
- Sod replacement allows you to change the type of grass in your lawn – If you’ve been itching to try a different variety, this will give you the chance to do so, without all of the hassles involved with sowing together mixed seeds or using herbicides.
- Ultimate Construction’s method of sod replacement is non-poisonous – Other companies may saturate your property with toxic chemicals that can enter the water table or get on pets. We’re strongly against using those chemicals, making our method safer and greener.
- Sod replacement can make your home look better and improve its resale value – Nothing turns off potential homebuyers like a brown, patchy lawn. On the other hand, when they see a yard full of healthy green grass, they take it as a sign that the current owners have taken good care of the property, which can influence the way they view the rest of the house.
- Sod replacement is affordable – We’ll be happy to provide you with a free, no-hassle quote, so you can see for yourself how reasonable our fees are. Give us a call at Ultimate Construction today.